Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer - Butte, MT
BioSqueeze, Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company located in the beautiful state of Montana. Our primary product is BioSqueeze® which is our novel well sealing technology used to solve annular gas issues in the oil and gas industry. Simply put, we provide the most reliable solution for eliminating methane leaks from oil and gas wells.
BioSqueeze, Inc. is looking for a strong, dedicated, and passionate Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with a broad background of experience looking to make an impact on the direction and future of our company. BioSqueeze is continuing to develop next-generation processes and related technologies. You will be expected to design semi-automated and automated equipment to support R&D, internal facilities as well as our field equipment needs, all in support of our technological growth. Additionally, we are looking for a key contributor to help lead less experienced engineers and technicians, work as a self-directed team member and to assist with the build coordination and implementation of all new designs/systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create, develop, review and critique design specifications for our new equipment and technology applications.
- Design complex systems to suit our internal and external customer requirements.
- Provide product management for the design you create.
- Work interactively with across all disciplines within the company and our customers.
- Create layouts to optimize the design for functionality, ease of use, maintenance, and repair.
- Create/document the systems’ designs in solid models and ISO prints.
- Create Bills-of-Materials for designs.
- Select vendors and components to integrate into higher level systems.
- Create system test procedures for release, standard operating procedures, maintenance schedules, and other documentation to support the designed equipment in the field.
- Help to lead, teach, and develop less experienced engineers, technicians, and team members.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 15+ years of mechanical systems/design engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering (MS preferred)
- Passionate about creative and iterative design processes; experienced with rapid visualization, team brainstorming, and critical thinking; strong ability to integrate inputs from many sources.
- Strong ability to develop abstract concepts into functional equipment, processes, and systems.
- High level of experience designing process and/or field equipment.
- Direct experience with fluid transfer systems, pressure pumping, automating manifolds, control valves, mobile equipment.
- Foundational understanding of manufacturing processes including: machining, turning, welding, piping, wiring, assembly, etc.
- Hands on knowledge of automated systems, instrumentation, and PLC interfacing is a strong plus.
- Skilled with using SolidWorks to create models, shop drawings, and perform analyses.
- Experience with component and vendor selection.
- Experience with generating and maintaining Bills of Materials.
- Experience with design/drawing revision control.
- Ability to lead, mentor, and teach less experienced team members.
Job Location: Butte, Montana