Front-End Software Engineer, IXL Product
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking Front-End Engineers to provide the face of the IXL product.
The IXL Product Engineering team develops the user-facing features of the website and the back-end code that connects these features to our databases and other services. We created and maintain the practice engine, where students answer the questions created by the Content team; Analytics, which turns practice data into actionable information for teachers; the Recommendations area, which suggests skills for students to try next; and much more.
You will utilize cutting-edge technologies like React to bring dynamic, user-facing components to life. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions, and we are eager to have you join our team. At IXL, we believe that building a creative and engaging user experience is invaluable to our mission of improving education through technology.
International candidates encouraged to apply; H1B sponsorship is available.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in the office/2 days WFH at our San Mateo, CA office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Take control of the whole front-end development process from code design to implementation
- Collaborate with product managers to build a world-class user experience
- Tackle tough design challenges to create reusable user interfaces while writing clean, scalable code
- Engineer the front-end architecture that powers our web application
- Discover new technologies and establish best practices as the front-end landscape evolves
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 1+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Passion for new technologies, current trends, and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, security, and usability
- Enthusiasm for improving education through technology
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $110,000 to $150,000 + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.