Math Curriculum Designer
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking an experienced, passionate educator to join our team as a Math Curriculum Designer and help shape our exceptional K-12 math content.
As a Math Curriculum Designer at IXL, you’ll design engaging online problems and collaborate with software engineers and visual designers to achieve our educational goals. Your strong writing skills, creative problem solving, educational insights, and commitment to quality will make personalized learning a reality for millions of students.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule in our Raleigh, NC office.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Design and write clear, engaging, interactive math problems to meet specified educational objectives
- Write helpful, age-appropriate solutions to math problems
- Ensure problems and solutions are mathematically correct
- Collaborate with visual designers, product designers, and company leaders to determine appropriate content and assessment strategies
- Develop and manage project plans to create and deliver high-quality math content
- Research and analyze content requirements, including domestic and international educational standards
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's in Mathematics strongly preferred - Master's or Ph.D. in Mathematics is a plus
- K-12 math teaching or tutoring experience
- Excellent writing ability
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude with an openness to others' ideas
- Highly self-motivated and efficient with superb attention to detail
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
- Knowledge of computer programming, mobile, and web technologies is a plus