Social Studies Curriculum Designer
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking an experienced, passionate educator to join our team as a Social Studies Curriculum Designer and help shape our exceptional elementary and middle school content.
As a social studies curriculum designer at IXL, you'll collaborate with engineers and illustrators to create engaging online social studies content. You'll be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including conceptualization, design, testing, and support. Your strong writing skills, educational insights, creative problem solving, and commitment to quality will make personalized learning a reality for millions of students.
This is a full time position with a remote work schedule.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Design and write clear, engaging, and interactive social studies questions covering topics such as U.S. history, world history, economics, geography, culture, and government
- Write helpful, age-appropriate explanations of social studies topics
- Collaborate with content writers, illustrators, engineers, and company leaders to plan and develop high quality content
- Research educational standards to ensure content meets learning objectives for grades 2-8
- Research social studies topics and fact-check IXL content to ensure it is historically accurate
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- PhD in U.S. History, World History, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, or another social science field required
- K-12 social studies teaching experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated with superb attention to detail
- Can-do attitude with an openness to others' ideas
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
- Knowledge of computer programming, mobile, and web technologies is a plus
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $65,000 to $78,000 + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.