IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by over 14 million students worldwide, is currently looking for a self-motivated Database Administrator to join our team. In this role, you’ll be working with our Systems and Database team to improve our existing database infrastructure. You will join a team focused on our database’s reliability and performance. The ideal candidate should love experimenting with new technologies, enjoy being part of a team, and be unintimidated by juggling multiple projects.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule in our Raleigh, NC office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Administration of PostgreSQL, MySQL and MongoDB databases throughout the development and production lifecycles
- Develop and maintain processes for optimizing database security and standards
- Manage backup, replication, and disaster recovery functions for the database environments
- Monitors performance issues on all production and non-production databases (as applicable) implementing performance monitoring and trending on all production and applicable non-production databases
- Assist development groups in optimizing SQL statements in applications, batch jobs, and reports and in designing and using databases and database applications and processes for maximum performance, security, reliability, and availability.
- Participate in capacity planning as it relates to production databases
- Cross-training in NoSQL database administration (Cassandra and MongoDB)
- Automate repeated database tasks
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- BS in Computer Science or IT related field
- 4+ years of IT experience
- 3+ years PostgreSQL Database Administrator (working with PostgreSQL v11.0 and above)
- In-depth knowledge of PostgreSQL Architecture
- Working knowledge of Patroni HA Cluster
- Working knowledge of Amazon RDS (Postgres, MySQL, and Aurora)
- Strong knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- 3+ years of experience in any other database administration is a plus
- Strong communication and interaction skills
- Eagerness to learn