Video Producer and Editor
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking an experienced Video Producer to create and manage a wide range of video content to support our growing marketing efforts.
As a member of our in-house video team, you will be responsible for creating inspiring video content that advances our brand presence and engages with our key audiences: Educators, parents, and students. From how-to videos, product ads, customer testimonials, social videos and more, you will take a hands-on approach and own the production process from start to finish. Your passion for storytelling—along with your impressive editing chops—will continually address our customers’ needs and our high-reaching marketing goals.
The ideal candidate is highly creative, innovative, collaborative and passionate about creating best-in-class experiences across our brands as we expand our impact in the world of education.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule in our San Mateo, CA office.
To apply, please include a link to your most recent video portfolio that includes work samples.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Ideate, storyboard, and produce highly engaging short and long-form videos and video series
- Collaborate on creative briefs and bring new, exciting ideas to life
- Partner with and support a solid team of marketers to develop content across our channels while pushing fresh ideas and visual styles that elevate our brands and core messaging.
- Oversee the work of contractors including voiceover artists and videographers
- Capture and integrate clean screen recordings that present our products in the best light
- Direct, shoot, and edit live action testimonials, animated how-to videos, promos and more
- Discover and lay music tracks, procure and clean up voice-overs and mix clean audio
- Collaborate on and continuously refine and improve our video standards and processes
- Support the management and maintenance of our video hosting platforms
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS degree and 6+ years of experience as a video producer
- You are an accomplished team player as much as you are a resourceful self-starter; you know how to get the job done and delivered on time
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when it comes to explaining your work, talking through internal feedback and proactively reaching out to stakeholders
- Innovative problem solver willing to take risks and learn new techniques and workarounds when faced with tough creative and technical challenges
- Expert knowledge of Premiere Pro with a portfolio demonstrating strong editing skills
- Fluency in After Effects, Media Encoder, Audition, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent graphic design, typography and composition skills
- You are driven by an attention to detail and the desire for a flawless final product from pre-production to post-production
- A portfolio that demonstrates savvy video production skills and an adherence to fundamental video production principles such as lighting, composition, pacing, rhythm, and sound design
- Solid application of editing principles including compression of time, applying creative transitions, editing to music and b-roll, and graphic composition
- Your efficiency as an editor is demonstrated through your post production workflow, including organizational and file management skills and exporting best practices
- Experience in education, edtech, or language learning is a plus.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $90,000 to $110,000 + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.