Senior Software Engineer, iOS, IXL Mobile
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking highly motivated iOS Engineers who will lead in the creation of a breakthrough user experience by developing the features of our iOS applications. The IXL Mobile team is small, collaborative, and passionate about researching and implementing the best in mobile engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the IXL Mobile team, you will manage the full technical life-cycle of building features, fixing bugs, and improving our technology. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions, and we are eager to have you join our team.
International candidates encouraged to apply; H1B sponsorship is available.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in the office/2 days WFH at our San Mateo, CA office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Research and adapt functionality to leverage existing iOS design patterns
- Work across disciplines with team members representing product, content, and web development
- Code with Swift and iOS frameworks
- New feature development, testing, maintenance of existing features, and bug fixes
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Knowledge of iOS app development, published apps are a plus
- Familiarity with back-end development
- A good understanding of managing limited resources (memory, network, CPU) efficiently
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate in a small team
- Passion for improving education through technology
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000 to $200,000 + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.