Software Engineering Manager
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to manage a team of talented engineers and provide hands-on technical and project leadership.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in the office/2 days WFH at our San Mateo, CA office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Manage and build a high-performance team
- Guide and mentor engineers and project leads to ensure a high level of work satisfaction, technical advancement, and progress towards individual career goals
- Make company initiatives, mission, goals, and values clear to each team member
- Work with project managers, designers, and QA to maintain and surpass product usability and quality standards
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 7 years of direct experience in software engineering and 2 years of engineering management
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Excellent programming skills in Java or another object-oriented language
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Exceptional analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Passion for improving education through technology
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $170,000 to $220,000 + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.