Associate Product Manager
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking strong analytical thinkers and creative problem solvers to join IXL's Associate Product Manager program. This role is designed to offer new grads the opportunity to engage deeply with multiple product areas and to help them develop robust skill-sets around product design and project management, while executing at a high level to ship features to millions of learners and educators.
At IXL Learning, we are dedicated to creating first-of-their-kind products that leverage cutting-edge technologies to solve seemingly intractable problems in education. Millions of users count on us to make learning as effective as can be, so we're looking for exceptional people who are committed to solving the real-world challenges faced by students and teachers around the world.
Product management at IXL starts with a passion for making a lasting impact on education. Team members take products from initial brainstorm to final launch and beyond, putting our users first in all that we do, and working collaboratively across many teams including Engineering, Visual Design, Marketing, and more! Our creative solutions, clean designs, and commitment to quality allow us to deliver effective, compelling products that tackle some of the biggest problems in education today.
Launch your product management career at IXL with strong mentorship, executive visibility, and ample opportunities to learn and grow, while making your mark on a product that is beloved by teachers and learners.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in the office/2 days WFH at our San Mateo, CA office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Deeply understand and advocate for the needs of our student, teacher, and parent users
- Gather requirements and clarify goals for new projects
- Consider user needs and product strategy to make feature design decisions
- Produce clear written specifications for all feature functionality and user flows
- Collaborate with visual designers to create innovative, clean user interfaces
- Work with engineers to align technical designs and decisions with product needs
- Do whatever it takes to develop features and deliver value to our users
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or a related field
- Demonstrated technical abilities; some coursework or experience in computer programming and web technologies is preferred
- Highly developed analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills, with proven success applying them independently
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, with an eye to clarity and conciseness
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across teams to make things happen
- Enthusiasm for tackling tough problems independently, from assessing high-level goals through to perfecting every detail
- Exceptionally organized self-starter, efficient and thrives under pressure
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and an unfailingly positive attitude
- Interest in design thinking; some coursework or experience in UI/UX design is helpful
- Interest in K-12 education! Classroom/teaching experience is a plus
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION
- Your resume
- A cover letter under 600 words, so that we can get to know you better
Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $95,000 - $120,000 + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire pay for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your preferred location during the hiring process.