Software Engineering Manager
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to manage a team of talented engineers and provide hands-on technical and project leadership. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions, and we are eager to have you join our team.
This is a full-time position with a hybrid work schedule in our Raleigh, NC office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Manage and build a high-performance team
- Guide and mentor engineers and project leads to ensure a high level of work satisfaction, technical advancement, and progress towards individual career goals
- Make company initiatives, mission, goals, and values clear to each team member
- Work with project managers, designers, and QA to maintain and surpass product usability and quality standards
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 7 years of direct experience in software engineering and 2 years of engineering management
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Excellent programming skills in Java or another object-oriented language
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Exceptional analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Passion for improving education through technology