Senior Revenue Accountant
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company that provides personalized learning solutions to students of all ages. With over 14 million students worldwide, IXL Learning is committed to improving education through technology. We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our accounting team and help us continue to grow and innovate.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate IXL product revenue recognition and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP. This position will report directly to the VP Finance and will work closely with other members of the accounting and finance team to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will be a revenue recognition expert with both Big 4 CPA audit experience and SAAS revenue accounting experience in industry.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule in our San Mateo, CA office.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Apply ASC 606 and company revenue recognition policies
- Review IXL School Revenue contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Analyze and interpret complex revenue accounting issues and provide guidance to sales and other departments
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of revenue recognition policies and procedures in IXL’s subscription database
- Perform revenue testing on IXL subscriptions and provide feedback to data engineer in order to improve the accuracy of revenue recognition
- Work with the sales, sales operation, and AR collection team to ensure proper documentation of revenue transactions
- Prepare journal entries, revenue reconciliations, and other month-end close activities related to revenue and revenue recognition
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements, footnotes, and management reports related to revenue
- Work with external auditors to ensure compliance with audit requirements related to revenue and revenue recognition
- Ensure correct application of internal controls on revenue recognition process
- Stay up-to-date with changes in revenue recognition guidance and communicate their impact to the finance team and other stakeholders
- Participate in ad hoc projects including due diligence review on M&A activities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- CPA certification preferred
- Big 4 CPA experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in revenue accounting, with a focus on software or technology industries
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition principles under GAAP
- Experience with complex revenue arrangements, including multi-element arrangements and software revenue recognition
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other accounting software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines
Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000 - $150,000 + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire pay for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your preferred location during the hiring process.