K-5 Spanish Language Arts Curriculum Designer
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking an experienced, passionate educator to join our team as a Spanish Language Arts Curriculum Designer and help create exceptional K-5 Spanish language arts content to support native Spanish speakers as well as dual-language immersion students.
As a Spanish Language Arts Curriculum Designer at IXL, you will design engaging and interactive online questions and collaborate with software engineers, visual designers, and a team of writers and editors to bring your designs to life. Your educational insight, creative solutions, strong writing skills, and commitment to quality will make personalized learning a reality for millions of students.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule in our Raleigh, NC office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Design and write clear, engaging, and interactive questions to teach Spanish phonics, grammar, reading comprehension, writing strategies, and vocabulary to elementary students
- Edit user-facing content and collaborate with a team of writers, editors, and illustrators to ensure content is fun, accurate, and age-appropriate
- Manage projects and collaborate with software engineers, visual designers, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality Spanish language arts content
- Research and review IXL's alignment to educational standards, common assessments, and popular textbooks or lesson plans
- Stay current on related scholarly and business trends
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Spanish, Linguistics, Education, or a related field
- Experience teaching in a K-5 dual-language or bilingual program
- Fluency in Spanish, including outstanding written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely at an age-appropriate reading level
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to think strategically and creatively solve problems
- Can-do attitude with an openness to others' ideas and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn new guidelines and software; familiarity with HTML, Jira, or Git is a plus
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION
- Your resume
- A cover letter under 600 words that addresses the following questions: What are some similarities and differences between teaching Spanish as a foreign language and teaching Spanish Language Arts in Grades K-5? How will your background and skill set help you design online content for Spanish Language Arts?
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.