Software Engineer, Core Technology
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking Software Engineers who have a passion for technology and education to help us add new features to our three extremely successful educational products and build new, innovative products. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions, and we are eager to have you join our team.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in the office/2 days WFH at our San Mateo, CA office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Work with a team of talented engineers, both starting projects from scratch and also working within the existing code base
- Build the back-end wiring, application logic, and UI for our products
- Drive the development process for your team, including design, coding, documenting, testing, debugging, and tuning
- Provide accurate estimates, evaluate feasibility, and assess new platforms and technologies for project implementations
- Collaborate and communicate clearly across multiple development teams to design and release amazing products
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Excellent programming skills in Java or other object-oriented language
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Passion for improving education through technology
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $110,000 to $150,000 + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.