Educational Sales Consultant, Northern Illinois
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking an Educational Sales Consultant to join our team.
At some companies, sales is a science. At IXL Learning, it's more like an ever-evolving art. We are looking for creative thinkers who can master our strategies and processes, and then come up with even better ones. The ideal candidates will have a competitive spirit and get a thrill from playing a pivotal role in the growth and success of our products. We’re seeking people with energy and compassion, who can make learning about IXL an enjoyable experience for educators.
This is a remote position for candidates located in Northern Illinois.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Effectively communicate key product features and benefits to prospective customers virtually
- Develop a keen understanding of customer needs and values in order to provide personalized assistance throughout the sales process
- Meet sales goals on a consistent basis
- Help to design and implement new and creative sales strategies
- Understand and keep up-to-date with ever-changing market trends
- Provide exceptional customer service to current and prospective customers
- Gather customer feedback to help improve and enhance product offerings
- Promote IXL at educational technology conferences nationwide
- Daily travel in territory to customer sites
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of educational sales experience
- Classroom experience and/or a related educational field preferred
- Passion for bringing technology into the classroom
- Familiarity with Web-based technologies
- Aptitude for working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Ability to apply energy and creativity to meeting sales goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success at managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.