Software Engineer, Teachers Pay Teachers
Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT), the most beloved educator brand used by 85% of K-12 teachers in the US and the world’s largest catalog of educator-created content, is seeking Software Engineers who have a passion for technology and education to help us add new features and continue to build out our successful educator-focused marketplace. You’ll be tackling problems big and small - from search & personalization to multi-service orchestration to building a resilient API.
This is a full time position with a hybrid schedule of 3+ days per week in our Raleigh, NC office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Work with a team of talented engineers, both starting projects from scratch and also working within the existing code base
- Build the back-end wiring, application logic and UI for our products
- Drive the development process for your team, including designing, coding, documenting, testing, debugging and tuning
- Provide accurate estimates, evaluate feasibility and assess new platforms and technologies for project implementations
- Collaborate and communicate clearly across multiple development teams to design and release amazing products
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Excellent programming skills in an object-oriented language
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Passion for improving education through technology
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.