Digital Advertising Account Executive, Curiosity Media
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology platform that runs 5 ads-supported products: SpanishDictionary.com, inglés.com, ABCya, Multiplication.com, and Homeschoolmath.net. Collectively, these products reach over 150 million users per year to help kids and adults learn Spanish, English, math, and more. We are looking for an Account Executive to lead our direct ads sales program with the goal of increasing digital advertising revenue.
The Account Executive will play a crucial role in driving revenue growth by selling ad inventory on our ads-supported websites and mobile apps. The Account Executive will work closely with advertisers trying to reach parents, children, teachers, and Spanish-speaking Americans, all of which form large user cohorts among our ads-supported sites. This role sits at the forefront of our efforts to connect advertisers with our highly-engaged audience in the education sector.
This is a full-time remote position for candidates in the United States.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Sales strategy and execution - Identify, target, and engage potential advertisers, both directly and through agencies, to present our ad inventory as a compelling solution for their marketing needs
- Relationship management - Build and maintain strong, lasting relationships with clients, understanding their advertising goals and tailoring solutions to meet their objectives
- Consultative selling - Conduct needs assessments and offer strategic recommendations that align with clients' goals, utilizing your deep understanding of our digital advertising offerings and the education market
- Collaboration - Work closely with Product and AdOps to ensure effective delivery, trafficking, and timeliness of campaigns and to develop impactful campaigns that deliver value to clients and drive revenue
- Market insights - Stay current on industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement in our advertising strategies
- Sales pipeline management - Track and manage sales activities, lead generation, and sales pipeline using CRM tools, ensuring accurate and up-to-date reporting
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Sales expertise: Proven track record in digital advertising sales, preferably within education or another kid-friendly sector, with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Industry knowledge: Familiarity with digital advertising trends, platforms, and metrics and an understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges within the educational technology landscape
- Relationship building: Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, allowing you to connect with a diverse range of clients and internal stakeholders
- Strategic thinking: Ability to provide creative solutions that align with clients' objectives and our company's offerings
- Results-driven: A motivation to achieve and surpass sales goals
- Adaptability: Thrive in a fast-paced environment, and quickly adapt to changes in the digital ads industry and company priorities
- Team player: Collaborative attitude with the ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team to drive results
- Tech-savvy: Proficiency in using CRM tools, Microsoft Office suite, and other sales-related software. Familiarity with Google Ad Manager and Looker is a big plus!
- Passion for education: you love to learn and are eager to help children and adults around the world learn Spanish, English, math, and more
- Language: Spanish proficiency is a plus
WHAT'S THE CULTURE LIKE?
- We’ve brought together a talented remote team that is down-to-earth, friendly, and driven to build products that people use and love
- Our team prides itself on a culture committed to data-informed decisions, focus on value, rapid iteration, and cross-team collaboration
WHAT ARE THE PERKS?
- 100% remote
- Competitive salary and commission opportunity
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Fully-paid health insurance
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
- Preference will be given to applicants who can work USA East Coast hours
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.