Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure / DevOps
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is forming a new team to manage the infrastructure for our acquired SaaS products and ensure high quality of service. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help provide hands-on technical and project deployment and infrastructure updates.
This is a full time position with a hybrid schedule of 3+ days per week in our San Mateo, CA office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Work with your team to master a variety of production technology stacks
- Take responsibility for site performance, uptime and scalability
- Develop and maintain accurate monitoring dashboards, alerting and runbook documentation suited to each product
- Identify technical problems and develop solutions
- Partner with application engineering teams to understand product needs, support test environments, and manage CI/CD pipelines
- Build and propose architecture changes that will allow us to consolidate, simplify, and streamline our technology, company-wide
- Develop tooling for deployment and release processes
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of professional hands-on software engineering or devops experience
- Public cloud provider experience (GCP is a plus)
- Experience with common service technologies like web servers, message queues, load balancers, and databases
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Fluency in devops concerns such as source control, builds, deployments, networking, scaling, and monitoring
- Flexibility to work with a variety of technologies and legacy systems, balanced against a passion to streamline and modernize
- Skill at troubleshooting problems across the stack, providing both immediate fixes as well as long term solutions
- Flexibility about work hours and being on call
- Strong communication and time management skills
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000 to $200,000 + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.