IT Security Analyst
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking a Security Analyst to join our growing team. In this role, you will recommend security solutions, advise on systems and application-level security configurations and investigate/mitigate security risks. This position will participate in risk assessments, and incident response and play a key role in our growing security team.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule of 3+ days per week in our San Mateo, CA office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Maintenance of cybersecurity management systems, documentation, standards, and processes to ensure the operating environment is compliant with company policies and requirements
- Prepare and present accurate and timely information in response to audits and regulatory exams
- Supports team members on risk management requests and provides subject matter expertise
- Lead the threat intelligence efforts to aggregate security information, assess impact, and formulate threat assessment reports
- Assist legal team on e-discovery efforts, forensic analysis, and legal holds
- Promote security awareness within the organization
- Complete security questionnaires for prospective clients and customers
- Perform security assessments to determine vulnerabilities in IT infrastructure
- Guide security/risk training curriculum, promote awareness of security initiatives
- Complete remediation of security issues that arise. For example, patching/upgrading hardware and OS software, configuring firewalls, and patching server software
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security or related field or equivalent professional experience required
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or related certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience conducting IT compliance audits (SOC, PCI)
- Experience administering IT security controls in an organization
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure, networks, databases, and systems in relation to IT security and risk assessment
- Experience with IPS/IDS and SIEM technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000 to $160,000 + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.