Senior Product Strategy Manager - Offroad (Remote Considered)
As a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation with a suite of apps, onX was founded in Montana, which in turn has inspired our mission to awaken the adventurer inside everyone. With more than 300 employees located around the country working in largely remote / hybrid roles, we have created regional “Basecamps” to help remote employees find connection and inspiration with other onXers. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day, coupling it with industry-leading technology to craft dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, growing, tech-forward environment where ownership, accountability, and passion for winning as a team are essential. We value diversity and believe it leads to different perspectives and inspires both new adventures and new growth. As a team, we’re hungry to improve, value innovation, and believe great ideas come from any direction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
onX Offroad is looking for a Senior Product Strategy Manager to guide our regional market approach and develop a strategic plan for how to proceed long term in building our Elite subscription tier. The right applicant will go deep into micro regional variations, fueling thought leadership and bring big picture thinking to the current and future offering for our Elite customers throughout the annual offroad lifecycle.
This role is responsible for setting strategic priorities and executing programs to drive profitable growth and improve customer conversion. You will have the freedom to think big, define long term customer experience, and test and learn along the way. The ideal candidate sees the future experience and communicates it with clarity while being able to roll up their sleeves and actually ‘do the work’. The right person will be able to get deep into the details, use data to inform hypotheses, collaborate across the organization and externally, and is a staunch customer advocate. This person will report to the General Manager, Offroad.
As an onX Senior Product Strategy Manager, your essential job duties and responsibilities will look like:
- Lead, build, and execute a three year plan for onX Offroad Elite users
- Establish and coordinate the tactical elements of all conversion activities related to the Elite program
- Coordinate activities across the Offroad team and work closely with the Product, Content leadership within the vertical
- Define and run business development processes to connect with external partners that may participate in marketing to Offroad users
- Work closely with the Offroad Marketing leader to develop the ongoing marketing program and calendar and collaborate with internal marketing team to execute
- Deeply analyze, understand differences and define approaches for micro markets across North America
- Develop and track audience cohorts to identify opportunities for re-engagement to increase sales and conversion from other product tiers
- Partner with the Offroad business development organization to strategize and complete multi-vertical strategic partnerships
- Identify and develop innovative personalization strategies to test across cohorts and channels
- Define high-value behaviors and motivations, document results, back with data, and share with key internal stakeholders
- Develop detailed metrics and dashboards and report weekly on results
- Stay current on trends and monitor the competitive landscape to determine opportunities to optimize and test upsell/cross-sell features
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University
- Six (6) or more years of professional product and/or marketing experience in a strategic role for software as a service and/or business to consumer brands with proven business development skills
- Demonstrated experience building and operating long range plans
- Background in customer acquisition, re-engagement, and retention strategies
- Data-driven and analytical with demonstrable experience in A/B testing and customer segmentation
- Experience planning content calendars for marketing campaigns
- Knowledge on reporting of KPIs, troubleshooting errors, identifying new growth opportunities and presenting findings
- Savvy in Offroad across multiple segments
Though not required, we would be thrilled to consider candidates with any of the following:
- Master or Business Administration degree
WHERE YOU CAN WORK
onX has created a thriving distributed workforce community across several US locations. This position can only be performed from an onX corporate office, “Basecamp,” or “Talent Cluster.”
- Corporate Offices: onX’s was founded in Montana with offices in Missoula and Bozeman. If you prefer to work in an office at least part of the time this is a great option.
- Basecamps: onX’s Basecamps are established virtual workforce communities where a sizable number of distributed team members group for work, volunteering, socializing, and adventure.
- Our current Basecamps are located within a 90-mile radius of the following: Austin, TX; Charlotte, NC; Denver, CO; Minneapolis, MN; Portland, OR; Salt Lake City, UT; and Seattle, WA.
- Talent Clusters: onX’s Talent Cluster locations are smaller, emerging communities of distributed team members.
- Our current Talent Clusters are located within a 60-mile radius of the following: Boise, ID; Charleston, SC; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond, VA; Spokane, WA; and Vermont.
HOW YOU’LL BE COMPENSATED
onX is committed to compensating all employees fairly and equitably for their contributions. For this position, applicants can expect to make between $120,000 to $140,000 annually upon hire. The pay range will vary based on experience, skills, certifications, and education among other factors as required in the job description. In addition, full-time onX employees are eligible for a grant of common share options with a vesting schedule and a potential annual bonus of 10% based on company performance.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of 5 or 13 weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [0%]
- Walking - [10%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Travel - Depends on location; remote employees typically travel to Montana twice per year.
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Position open until filled.
At onX, we believe that diversity makes us better. Bringing together a diverse set of backgrounds, ideas, and opinions helps us to achieve our mission to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. onX is committed to equal opportunity not only in our hiring practices but also in our employment practices, including but not limited to development, compensation, and promotion. We strive to build an inclusive work community where everyone can be their authentic self, and together, we win as a team. Come join us!