As a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation with a suite of apps, onX was founded in Montana, which in turn has inspired our mission to awaken the adventurer inside everyone. With more than 300 employees located around the country working in largely remote / hybrid roles, we have created regional “Basecamps” to help remote employees find connection and inspiration with other onXers. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day, coupling it with industry-leading technology to craft dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, growing, tech-forward environment where ownership, accountability, and passion for winning as a team are essential. We value diversity and believe it leads to different perspectives and inspires both new adventures and new growth. As a team, we’re hungry to improve, value innovation, and believe great ideas come from any direction.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking a talented Engineering Manager to lead a cross-functional team of engineers and shape the future of onX user experiences. As an onX Engineering Manager, you will be a critical part of our mobile mapping technology. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic growth company focused on making an impact on the business, working with multidisciplinary teams across the organization to ensure onX’s mobile & web properties take full advantage of our extensive off-pavement data. This position will report to the Lead Engineering Manager of the Mastery Domain.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
As an onX Engineering Manager, your day to day responsibilities would look like:
(Essential Job Duties)
- Make great engineers better. You’ll support your teammates with individual goal-setting, professional development, and mentoring. You will be taking on management responsibilities with engineers on the team.
- Make great software. You’ll work with your team to ensure you’re delivering maintainable, high-quality, customer-focused products. You will lead your team in design, development, testing, deployment, and operations.
- Build great teams. You’ll work closely with your peers to hire smart, creative, and kind engineers and managers. You’ll be responsible for hiring talented iOS, Android, web, and backend engineers for the team.
- Work in the code. You’ll regularly review code and participate in architecture discussions. Things move fast at onX. You’ll need to work closely with our codebase to develop and maintain a broad understanding of our technologies.
- Collaborate. You’ll manage dependencies between functional teams and facilitate collaboration. This team builds key features used in all of our apps. You will make considerations to serve all of onX’s customers. You will build a strong relationship with Product, Product Design, and your team’s stakeholders.
- Communicate. You’ll err on the side of over-communicating. You will help teams work efficiently together. You’ll work closely with the team’s product manager and engineers to set ambitious, but attainable goals and plan a sequence to get from where we are to where we want to be. Communicating and coordinating your team’s goals will be key to successfully working with other teams and moving the company forward together.
onX has created a thriving distributed workforce community across several US locations. This position can only be performed from an onX corporate office, “Basecamp,” or “Talent Cluster.”
- Corporate Offices: onX’s was founded in Montana with offices in Missoula and Bozeman. If you prefer to work in an office at least part of the time this is a great option.
- Basecamps: onX’s Basecamps are established virtual workforce communities where a sizable number of distributed team members group for work, volunteering, socializing, and adventure.
- Our current Basecamps are located within a 90-mile radius of the following: Austin, TX; Charlotte, NC; Denver, CO; Minneapolis, MN; Portland, OR; Salt Lake City, UT; and Seattle, WA.
- Talent Clusters: onX’s Talent Cluster locations are smaller, emerging communities of distributed team members.
- Our current Talent Clusters are located within a 60-mile radius of the following: Boise, ID; Charleston, SC; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond, VA; Spokane, WA; and Vermont.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You have at least 5 years of experience where you directly managed software engineers.
- You have a proven track record of delivery customer solutions
- You communicate well with executives and non-technical leaders.
- You have a strong computer science foundation.
- You want to work with other happy, talented engineers.
- You’re fun to work with.
- You err on the side of over-communication.
Though not required, we would be thrilled to consider candidates with any of the following:
- Familiarity with mapping technology
- Familiarity with mobile app development
- You have a B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field.
onX is committed to compensating all employees fairly and equitably for their contributions. For this position the range spans 2 levels (Manager II, and Manager III) applicants can expect to make between $140,000 to $175,000 depending on the level upon hire. The pay range will vary based on experience, skills, certifications, and education among other factors as required in the job description. In addition, full-time onX employees are eligible for a grant of common share options with a vesting schedule and a potential annual bonus of 10% based on company performance.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of 5 or 13 weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [0%]
- Walking - [10%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Travel - Depends on location; remote employees typically travel to Montana twice per year.
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Position open until filled.
At onX, we believe that diversity makes us better. Bringing together a diverse set of backgrounds, ideas, and opinions helps us to achieve our mission to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. onX is committed to equal opportunity not only in our hiring practices but also in our employment practices, including but not limited to development, compensation, and promotion. We strive to build an inclusive work community where everyone can be their authentic self, and together, we win as a team. Come join us!