Senior Director of Growth, Product (Remote Considered)
As a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation with a suite of apps, onX was founded in Montana, which in turn has inspired our mission to awaken the adventurer inside everyone. With more than 300 employees located around the country working in largely remote / hybrid roles, we have created regional “Basecamps” to help remote employees find connection and inspiration with other onXers. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day, coupling it with industry-leading technology to craft dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, growing, tech-forward environment where ownership, accountability, and passion for winning as a team are essential. We value diversity and believe it leads to different perspectives and inspires both new adventures and new growth. As a team, we’re hungry to improve, value innovation, and believe great ideas come from any direction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
onX is seeking a Senior Director of Growth, Product who will drive impressive growth across our suite of products including onX Hunt, onX Offroad, and onX Backcountry. In this role you will lead our Growth and Personalization product domain team and partner with teams across the growth lifecycle including Growth Marketing and Marketing Automation working together to build, test and implement a cohesive, holistic growth strategy. Your mission is to create a cohesive experience that puts the customer at the center of our growth strategy, driving more users to interact with our products, connecting them to the value in our products, and ensuring our methods of communication are purpose-built for our customers to achieve aggressive growth goals. As the leader of the Growth and Personalization product domain you guide this cross-functional team to demonstrate impact, coaching and enabling the leaders within the team to execute on the aforementioned strategy. This position will report to the Head of Product.
As an onX Senior Director of Growth, Product your essential job duties and responsibilities will look like:
- Put the customer at the center of our growth strategy, driving more users to interact with our products, connecting them to the value in our products, and ensuring our methods of communication are purpose-built for our customers
- Partner across cross-functional key areas across the growth lifecycle (including new user acquisition, activation, subscription conversion and retention) to define and evangelize an end-to-end company-level growth-generating vision and strategy
- Connect cross-functional teams, both those with and without direct supervision responsibilities, to dissolve the silos between teams, build a culture of collaboration that views growth as a collective endeavor to win at, and leverage multiple teams to get to the best results.
- Lead the Growth and Personalization cross-functional product domain team (consisting of product management, product design and engineering team members)
- Mentor and coach leaders on the team, helping them develop and manage their teams
- Guide the team to drive attributable impact, setting ambitious and measurable goals that align to the broader growth strategy
- Define key activation moments, ensure monitoring and measurement capabilities are in place, track and leverage to drive results
- Develop a culture of rapid experimentation and data driven decision making that leads to results while preventing duplication of efforts and cross-experiment invalidation/breakage
- Identify and pursue new opportunities in our products that can lead to step change growth performance
- Develop and maintain a suite of system capabilities that support the growth lifecycle, from subscriptions and payments to personalization and marketing technologies, making transitions as needed to support different stages of growth and maturity
- Help growth-related teams through stages of the product development life cycle, including ideation, prioritization, implementation, analysis, and reporting
- Work closely and develop strong relationships with cross functional peers including business unit leaders and functional leaders
- Weigh several, and often conflicting, constraints and make rapid decisions
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Twelve (12) or more years experience in roles related to driving SAAS digital product growth, with five (5) or more years in leadership experience as a Senior Manager or Director managing a team within a large, multi-functional organization.
- Proven experience and a deep understanding of B2C SaaS growth strategies and operations. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a track record in this sector, showcasing the ability to lead teams and execute strategies effectively.
- Demonstrated experience standing up a new growth channel from scratch, ideally a few in varying related growth areas
- Experience with growth strategies for different stages of the life cycle
- A doer who is not afraid to get in the weeds who can also operate at high altitudes
- Ability to build strong relationships across departments to ensure we work collaboratively toward achieving our shared goals
- Excellent analytical skills and communication skills
- Strong technical acumen, with the ability to bridge technical concepts with business strategy, ensuring seamless integration of technological solutions to meet product objectives
- Permanent US work authorization is a condition of employment with onX.
- Ability to travel at least quarterly for multiple days (primarily to onX's corporate offices in Bozeman or Missoula).
Though not required, we would be thrilled to consider candidates with any of the following:
- You might have a multifaceted background in technical or business functions, such as engineering, product management, marketing, data science, or analyst roles, indicating a broad range of experiences and skills.
- Your B2C/Direct-to-Consumer SaaS experience may be substantial and varied, going beyond the foundational understanding to include advanced insights into growth strategies, market trends, and innovative customer engagement techniques.
- Experience specifically leading a growth team is a bonus, particularly within a high-growth stage company.
- Experience with various methods that drive organic user growth will stand out.
WHERE YOU CAN WORK
onX has created a thriving distributed workforce community across several US locations. This position can be performed from an onX corporate office, “Basecamp,” or “Talent Cluster.”
- Corporate Offices: onX’s was founded in Montana with offices in Missoula and Bozeman. If you prefer to work in an office at least part of the time this is a great option.
- Basecamps: onX’s Basecamps are established virtual workforce communities where a sizable number of distributed team members group for work, volunteering, socializing, and adventure.
- Our current Basecamps are located within a 90-mile radius of the following: Austin, TX; Charlotte, NC; Denver, CO; Minneapolis, MN; Portland, OR; Salt Lake City, UT; and Seattle, WA.
- Connection Hubs: onX’s Connection Hub locations are smaller, emerging communities of distributed team members.
- Our current Connection Hubs are located within a 60-mile radius of the following: Boise, ID; Charleston, SC; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond, VA; Spokane, WA; and Vermont.
HOW YOU’LL BE COMPENSATED
onX is committed to compensating all employees fairly and equitably for their contributions. For this position, applicants can expect to make between $190,000 to $220,000 upon hire. The pay range will vary based on experience, skills, certifications, and education among other factors as required in the job description. In addition, full-time onX employees are eligible for a grant of common share options with a vesting schedule and a potential annual bonus of 10% based on company performance.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of 5 or 13 weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Position open until filled.
At onX, we believe that diversity makes us better. Bringing together a diverse set of backgrounds, ideas, and opinions helps us to achieve our mission to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. onX is committed to equal opportunity not only in our hiring practices but also in our employment practices, including but not limited to development, compensation, and promotion. We strive to build an inclusive work community where everyone can be their authentic self, and together, we win as a team. Come join us!