Senior iOS Engineer - Growth (Remote Considered)
As a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation with a suite of apps, onX was founded in Montana, which in turn has inspired our mission to awaken the adventurer inside everyone. With more than 300 employees located around the country working in largely remote / hybrid roles, we have created regional “Basecamps” to help remote employees find connection and inspiration with other onXers. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day, coupling it with industry-leading technology to craft dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, growing, tech-forward environment where ownership, accountability, and passion for winning as a team are essential. We value diversity and believe it leads to different perspectives and inspires both new adventures and new growth. As a team, we’re hungry to improve, value innovation, and believe great ideas come from any direction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
onX is seeking a talented Growth iOS Engineer to help our Growth domain team. This team focuses on the complete user journey throughout our products including onboarding, purchasing and user activation. We practice data driven decision making and emphasize experimentation. Growth engineers on our team have ownership and autonomy to create, develop and analyze their work in the context of team and greater company objectives. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic growing company focused on making an impact on the business, working with new technologies, and solving hard problems.
As an Growth Senior iOS Engineer, your day to day responsibilities would look like:
(Essential Job Duties)
- Collaborate with the product team in an agile environment to break down requirements, plan and estimate tasks in order to implement and launch new experiments and / or features
- Continuously test hypotheses, measure results, and use data to refine strategies
- Optimize technical design for rapid iteration and experimentation
- Work closely with designers to ensure technical feasibility and create engaging user experiences
- Communicate technical costs and tradeoffs to Product, Design, and other stakeholders.
- Write reusable code and review pull requests in a timely manner
- Create ideas and solutions that pertain your team’s quarterly mission
- Participate in the iOS team architecture and code standard discussions
- Collaborate effectively with other team members and stakeholders
- Lead by example - embody our company values
onX has created a thriving distributed workforce community across several US locations. This position can be performed from an onX corporate office, “Basecamp,” or “Connection Hub”.
- Corporate Offices: onX was founded in Montana with offices in Missoula and Bozeman. If you prefer to work in an office at least part of the time this is a great option.
- Basecamps: Basecamps are established virtual workforce communities where a sizable number of distributed team members group for work, volunteering, socializing, and adventure.
- Our current Basecamps are located within a 90-mile radius of the following: Austin, TX; Charlotte, NC; Denver, CO; Kalispell, MT; Minneapolis, MN; Portland, OR; Salt Lake City, UT; and Seattle, WA.
- Connection Hubs: Connection Hub locations are smaller, emerging communities of distributed team members.
- Our current Connection Hubs are located within a 60-mile radius of the following: Boise, ID; Charleston, SC; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond, VA; Spokane, WA; and Vermont.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Minimum six (6) years of professional software development experience required, where iOS development was your professional focus for at least three (3) or more years.
- Solid understanding of Concurrency on Apple (GCD, Operation Queues)
- Networking experience communicating with a remote server
- Proficiency in GIT
- Some exposure to Continuous Integration and/or Testing
- You evaluate technologies and solutions based on merit, stability, performance and the ability to debug
- You have a strong computer science foundation
- You believe that your profession is a craft and you’re driven to improve every day
- You are an advocate for the customer and their experience
- You want to work with other engaged, talented engineers
- You want to mentor junior engineers and be mentored by other senior engineers
- You write great code
- You get stuff done
- You take ownership
- You’re fun to work with
Though not required, we would be thrilled to consider candidates with any of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, software engineering or related degree
- Well versed in SwiftUI and Combine
- Experience working with subscription in-app purchases
- Comfortable using analytical tools to validate hypotheses
- Knows when to optimize for speed vs. quality
- Ability to work effectively with a distributed team
- Interest in Consumer Psychology / Behavioral Economics
onX is committed to compensating all employees fairly and equitably for their contributions. For this position, applicants can expect to make between $130,000 to $150,000 upon hire. The pay range will vary based on experience, skills, certifications, and education among other factors as required in the job description. In addition, full-time onX employees are eligible for a grant of common share options with a vesting schedule and a potential annual bonus of 10% based on company performance.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of 5 or 13 weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Position open until filled.
At onX, we believe that diversity makes us better. Bringing together a diverse set of backgrounds, ideas, and opinions helps us to achieve our mission to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. onX is committed to equal opportunity not only in our hiring practices but also in our employment practices, including but not limited to development, compensation, and promotion. We strive to build an inclusive work community where everyone can be their authentic self, and together, we win as a team. Come join us!