This is a Full Time position.
Webscale helps companies accelerate their transition to modern commerce with our Intelligent CloudOps Platform by transforming the way they monitor, optimize and secure their online storefronts, allowing e-commerce merchants to make intelligent, data-driven decisions to create a safer, more engaging user experience for their customers. Its fully optimized, highly secure, and reliable automation platform streamlines the migration and management of ecommerce storefronts in any public cloud, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
As we extend our business, we are looking for a technical Sales Engineer to work with of Sales team to architect and solution complex deals involving cloud computing, edge security, data analytics, and digital experience management across multi public cloud environments.
Please only apply if you have customer facing selling experience and are located in one of the following metro areas: San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Denver, Boulder, Orlando, Tampa
What you’ll be doing
We have aggressive plans for continued expansion with thousands of customers and growing. You will be responsible for supporting the needs of our prospects, customers, and sales team members, and providing technical guidance and insight throughout the sales process. This includes designing and implementing the most optimal integrated web application and performance solutions for ecommerce and Enterprise customers and partners.
As part of the sales team, you will be responsible for assisting in the preparation and delivery of sales presentations and portal demonstrations, mostly remote over tools like Zoom, acting as a subject matter expert in all product/service offerings and driving the sales cycle to closure. The responsibility also extends to project-managing the customer deployments alongside the implementation team and continuing to stay the customer’s champion within Webscale.
What you should have
- Must have previous Sales Engineering, Solutions Engineer, Pre-Sales or Technical Consulting success selling cloud software solutions
- Specific examples of supporting sales executives in closing deals
- Ideally has an advanced Public Cloud Certification (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Ecommerce Application workload experience will be a plus (ie, Adobe Commerce, Magento, Drupal, etc)
- Solid understanding of docker containers, Kubernetes orchestration and edge computing
- Success selling technical cloud based solutions to small, medium, and large customers.
- Managing customer expectations through pre-sales, onboarding, and go-live.
- Startup experience along with experience in data analytics, machine learning, digital experience management, networking, ecommerce, and micro services
- Background in cloud performance technologies, application acceleration, eCommerce, google analytics, enterprise sales, and cloud environments is a big plus.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Relentless Improvement: We are growing our team and building our company. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic seekers of new ideas for improvement and will be excited to stay current in the practices of other top employers. We want you to bring your thoughts, constantly hatch new ideas and share recommendations often. We have a high bar and will always look to raise it.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
Standard Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years of software sales engineering selling cloud base infrastructure solutions
- Advanced knowledge of Magento, CDN, docker containers, Kubernetes
- Strong interpersonal, speaking, writing, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Ability to demonstrate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Public cloud certifications preferred (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 5+ years of experience in the ecommerce industry coupled with at least one of these areas: data analytics, business intelligence, networking, CDNs, ecommerce technologies, digital agency, cloud hosting, managed services, headless commerce, fraud detection or security software
Webscale is a unified observability and delivery platform provider that equips modern ecommerce business owners with deep insight into every facet of ecommerce infrastructure and user experience, while enabling their developers with powerful software to optimize and secure their storefronts. The Webscale platform supports any ecommerce application and can be deployed in any cloud, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure. Webscale powers Fortune 1000 brands including Dollar General, Unilever, Swarovski, Olympus, Regal Cinemas, and many more B2C and B2B ecommerce storefronts across 12 countries. Webscale has offices in Santa Clara, CA, Boulder, CO, San Antonio, TX, Bangalore, India, and London, UK.