Director, Preclinical Pharmacology
SiteOne Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company developing treatments for hypersensitivity disorders of the nervous system such as pain, cough and epilepsy. Our values are scientific rigor, intensity, teamwork and commitment to our shared mission of developing transformative medicines for the benefit of patients. Our drug candidates are exquisitely selective modulators of ion channels, and are under investigation by both systemic and local routes of administration. An opportunity is currently available for a talented and motivated scientist to join our team in South San Francisco. On-site and hybrid options are available.
To apply, please email a CV and Research Summary to email@example.com
- Lead preclinical pharmacology including in vitro and in vivo assay development and execution across the organization
- Manage internal and external scientists to a high level of productivity while improving the skills and knowledge of junior colleagues through mentoring
- Institute best practices in the collection and management of robust datasets suitable for publication, patent applications, and regulatory filings.
- Communicate regular project status updates to the executive team and key stakeholders
- A PhD or equivalent with a focus on pharmacology, neuroscience, molecular biology, or cellular biology
- 7+ years of relevant post-degree work experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- An outstanding track record of peer-reviewed publications and/or patent applications that demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, initiative and the ability to collaborate with others
- Excellent teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with ion channels including manual and/or automated electrophysiology, heterologous expression systems, assay development and troubleshooting
- Experience with molecular biology including cloning, DNA sequencing, PCR, mutagenesis, transient and stable gene expression
A competitive base salary, equity, bonus potential, 401(k), medical, dental, vision, and paid time off are among the benefits of the position.