Staff Front End - Employee Engagement
Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Are you inspired by inventions? Is problem-solving through teamwork in your DNA? At Submittable we build software that enables our customers to drive positive social change around the globe. This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing SaaS startup focused on building a product that at its core, is designed to help.
This is a technical leadership role on the Submittable engineering team. As a staff engineer, you will have the opportunity to drive and own architecture for systems and services. You will help influence our choice of stacks, languages, and frameworks. You will help to mentor and grow our junior engineers, and you will contribute to building a positive and inclusive engineering culture.
With a focus on the front end, you will help the team with implementation, developer experience, voice of the customer, and making data-driven decisions. A deep level of integration with our internal Product and Design teams is expected in this role.
As a member of our Employee Engagement team, you will build accessible, scalable, and global software to help companies create, promote, and report on employee volunteering and donation programs. You will help the team rapidly respond to market opportunities and relentlessly pursue a best-in-class customer experience.
If you are ready for a new adventure at a growing SaaS startup, we would love to hear from you. This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Engineering. Our engineering offices are in Bellevue, WA, and Missoula, MT.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Function as a senior technical resource with a primary focus on our Employee Engagement Platform
- Mentor software engineers and engineering managers from a technical perspective
- Review code/PRs to ensure that our software is increasing in quality and provide feedback to ICs about their code
- Work closely with internal engineering stakeholders and external product managers to couple the growth and capabilities of the platform to the needs of the company
- Drive the reduction of technical debt through a cycle of continuous improvement and iterative change
- Play a central role in the technical design process of new systems, services, experiences, and platforms
- Ensure engineering efforts are high quality and moving in the right direction
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that infrastructure, security, and test efforts meet planned feature work
- Act as a consultant for other feature teams
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operation
- Experience with front-end languages and technologies such as JS, TS, React, GraphQL, etc.
- Experience in communicating with other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers’ best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Submittable is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Submittable.
Salary Details: The annual salary range for this position is $160,000-$235,000. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Position Location: This role will be located in Bellevue, WA, or, Missoula, MT following a hybrid work model. Employees are expected to be willing to work from one of our office locations twice a week or as needed by your team.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.