Senior Technical Program Manager - Cloud & Fundamentals
Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Are you inspired by cloud computing? Do you thrive in driving growth through strong fundamentals and global expansion? At Submittable we build software that enables our customers to drive positive social change around the globe. We’re looking for a passionate Senior Technical Program Manager for Cloud Infrastructure and Fundamentals to bring their cloud expertise, disciplined fundamentals, and data-driven methods to an evolving Program Management Office.
The Senior TPM for Cloud Infrastructure and Fundamentals role will oversee Submittable’s Engineering-led cloud operations through collaboration, coordination, communication, prioritization, and operationalization of cloud investment for Engineering, Product, and Design via our 3P partners.
Submittable is deepening cloud computing investments by adding new capabilities to push the limits of our current environments. As such, this position is ideally suited for someone who thrives in cloud operations and system architecture by leading with fundamental best practices; applying machine data and insights; and championing applicable policies to expedite growth.
If you are ready for a new adventure at a growing SaaS startup, we would love to hear from you. Our engineering offices are located in Bellevue, WA, and Missoula, MT.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Strategically prioritize cloud infrastructure projects in line with the organization’s goals, plan for contingencies, and flag risk indicators.
- Provide clear, concise, and effective communications both up and down the organizational chain.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of scheduled projects, throughout the entire cloud infrastructure lifecycle from intake to deployment. Drive prioritization within the organization by establishing strategic planning and governance principles and processes
- Understand the cloud systems in the program space, their limitations, scaling factors, enabling technologies, boundary conditions, and reasons behind architectural decisions. Drive analysis of the business' future-state capabilities and environment to detect gaps and recommend solutions for improvement and modernization
- Influence 3P partners and internal stakeholders to align perspectives, enable one's own team, identify dependencies, set milestones, and remove roadblocks
- Define key metrics and implement reporting mechanisms to deliver insights, hold leaders accountable, and drive strategic alignment. Define best practices and governance frameworks for enablement tools and the processes surrounding those tools
- Passionate about a SaaS business model driven by a vibrant ecosystem.
- Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience in large, cross-functional projects
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience deploying production services on AWS and Azure
- This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience managing large-scale development efforts using various tools
- Experience in building a product roadmap, identifying and fixing technology process gaps
- Experience in communicating with leadership and a wide range of technical leaders and partners.
- Proven track record of partnering with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to deliver products at high quality.
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery who thrives on turning ambiguity into clarity
Submittable is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Submittable.
Salary Details: The annual salary range for this position is $165,000-$240,000. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Position Location: This role will be located in Bellevue, WA, or, Missoula, MT following a hybrid work model. Employees are expected to be willing to work from one of our office locations twice a week or as needed by your team.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.