Staff Full Stack Engineer - Data
Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Are you inspired by inventions? Is problem-solving through teamwork in your DNA? At Submittable we build software that enables our customers to drive positive social change around the globe. This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing SaaS startup focused on building a product that at its core, is designed to help.
This is a technical leadership role on the Submittable engineering team. As a Staff Full Stack Engineer, you will have the opportunity to drive and own architecture for systems and services. You will help influence our choice of stacks, languages, and frameworks. You will help to mentor and grow our junior engineers, and you will contribute to building a positive and inclusive engineering culture.
As a member of our Data Team, you will build accessible, scalable, and global software to enable customers and Submittable to gain insights, view comprehensive reports, and save them time within their workflows powered by data. A deep level of integration with our Product, Project Management, and Design teams is expected in this role. The team consists of backend engineers, frontend engineers, analytics engineers, and machine learning engineers. Our technology stack includes Python, Snowflake, DataBricks, dbt, NoSQL, Azure, React, Kubernetes, and Kafka.
If you are ready for a new adventure at a growing SaaS startup, we would love to hear from you. Our engineering offices are in Bellevue, WA, and Missoula, MT.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Build Data Products!
- Develop new product ideas, architect and build the systems that enable them
- Contribute to the front-end and backend of product offerings
- Work with Design, Product, and Program Management teams to design and execute new customer-facing projects
- Build, scale, and optimize data infrastructure
- Share your knowledge and experience with the team to raise overall quality and execution
- Consult with teams across the company regarding data best practices
- Recent projects include customer-facing dashboard portal and data export tools
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong experience designing a variety of software systems
- Expert in a language like Python, .NET, Java, etc.
- Ability and interest to contribute to frontend development (React)
- Experience standing up cloud services - APIs, databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience with large data sets in cloud data warehouses (We use Snowflake)
- Enjoys working in fast-moving, greenfield environments; making decisions quickly, and building iteratively
- Communicates well with technical and non-technical audiences, can build consensus
- K8s, Kafka experience a plus
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers’ best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to the data warehouse and all points in between
Submittable is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Submittable.
Salary Details: The annual salary range for this position is $175,000-$250,000. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Position Location: This role will be located in Bellevue, WA, or, Missoula, MT following a hybrid work model. Employees are expected to be willing to work from one of our office locations twice a week or as needed by your team
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.