Senior Software Engineering Manager
Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Submittable is a social impact platform that makes it easy to launch, manage, and measure any impact program, from first application to final report. We’re looking for motivated, talented people who are excited about helping organizations achieve better outcomes and bigger impact!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineering Manager - Giving to join our dynamic, growth-driven team in Missoula, MT or Seattle, WA. You’ll manage and mentor a team of engineers working on a greenfield, corporate giving product with multiple financial integrations. You’ll lead not only at the strategic level, but also tactically by diving deeply into business and technical domains, working closely with internal stakeholders.
This position is full-time and reports to our Director of Engineering, Alex. Hear what he has to say about the position!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Jump into our software and infrastructure, quickly coming up to speed and recommending improvements
- Lead a team of engineers to deliver predictable engineering results
- Develop your team members, grow the overall performance of your team, and contribute to the performance of your peers’ teams, department, and Submittable as a whole
- Break down a large/complex problem, quickly derive an efficient design, document and implement the core framework, and hand off the simple components to staff
- Drive the technical and organizational roadmap for the team
- Work with a cross-functional teams including product and other internal stakeholders in all phases of product development
You’ll Be Successful With:
- Proven track record in building high-performing teams; experience hiring and retaining software engineers
- 5+ years of experience managing technical staff
- Experience leading a team of 4+ Engineers
- Deep understanding of Agile software development, including scrum
- Modern web application design paradigms and at least one stack, top to bottom. Our stack is .NET Core, Postgres, React, and Redux
- Modern cloud native infrastructure and design principles, specifically in the context of Azure
- Ability to strongly execute engineering team with a track record of consistently delivering
- Tangible and measurable near term improvements to our software and infrastructure
The salary range for this position is $160,000-$225,000 annually; actual compensation offered is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, experience, and relevant training. We also follow a location-based compensation structure; pay ranges may vary for candidates in other locations.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.