Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - Employee Engagement
Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Are you inspired by inventions? Is problem-solving through teamwork in your DNA? At Submittable we build software that enables our customers to drive positive social change around the globe. Submittable is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Backend) to join our Employee Engagement team as part of a dynamic, growth-driven organization based in Missoula, Montana, or Bellevue, Washington. This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing SaaS startup focused on building a product that at its core, is designed to help.
As a member of our Employee Engagement team, you will build accessible, scalable, and global software to help companies create, promote, and report on employee volunteering and donation programs. You will help the team rapidly respond to market opportunities and relentlessly pursue a best-in-class customer experience.
With a focus on the back end, you will help the team with all aspects of the development process from ideation to production. You will work with the team on technical designs, implementation, testing, and deployments, always relying on data-driven decisions.
If you are ready for a new adventure at a growing SaaS startup, we would love to hear from you. Our engineering offices are in Bellevue, WA, and Missoula, MT.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Implement new product features, working closely with our Product and Design teams
- Identify improvements to our existing platform
- Solve difficult problems, such as those related to scale
- Contribute to the success of team priorities
- Contribute process improvement suggestions to fellow engineers and management
- Mentor less experienced software engineers
- Convey technical ideas to both technical and less-technical audiences
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- Minimum 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with back-end languages and technologies such as .NET and C#
- Experience with SQL and no-SQL databases such as Postgres and CosmosDB
- Knowledge of modern cloud-native infrastructure and design principles, specifically in the context of Azure
- Deep understanding of Agile software development, including Scrum
- Experience in effectively communicating with other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills
- Must be able to work with adjacent technologies including Git, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Datadog
Submittable is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Submittable.
Salary Details: The annual salary range for this position is $130,000-$205,000. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Position Location: This role will be located in Bellevue, WA, or, Missoula, MT following a hybrid work model. Employees are expected to be willing to work from one of our office locations twice a week or as needed by your team.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- 401(k) with employer match from day 1
- Equity stock options
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.