Director of Content
Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
We are looking for a Director of Content to join our marketing team in Bellevue, WA, or Missoula, MT. This person will lead an internal and external team to develop and execute a content strategy that builds our brand, engages our audience, and drives organic lead growth.
You’ll find a team of talented creators already in place—including a videographer, designers, web engineer, and writers, plus outside SEO and PR resources—who are producing quality creative work and generating leads through organic channels and content-driven campaigns. We are looking for a leader to support, mentor, and push our team to help us dream up and execute exciting creative projects, and reach new markets and growth goals.
At Submittable, we believe technology can accelerate mission-driven work. Your skills and experience will help organizations increase their social impact through programs that reach millions of people—making your work about more than just great content and marketing (though we take a lot of pride in those, too).
This is a full-time position and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Develop a content strategy that positively increases brand awareness, supports demand generation campaigns, and drives website traffic and conversion
- Forecast, measure, and analyze the impact of content marketing programs and strategy
- Mature and scale our content production and processes, from initial brainstorming to measurement and testing, and across a variety of formats—think blogs, guides, newsletters, webinars, social media, website pages, video and podcast scripts
- Develop and evangelize high-level brand messaging and visual, voice, and tone guidelines for the company
- Work closely with our SEO consultant to identify content and keyword opportunities that drive qualified organic traffic and grow our organic search visibility
- Manage roadmap for website projects and priorities, optimizing website pages and experiences for conversion
- Partner with sales leaders and our demand generation and product marketing teams to ensure content development aligns with campaign needs and target audiences
- Know the audience: Develop editorial voice and narrative to become a resource for social impact leaders, connecting on the topics they care about
- Setting objectives for our PR agency and monitoring performance and quality of work
- Lead a team of creators to produce content and results they’re proud of
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- 7+ years of content marketing and/or demand generation experience, ideally in high-growth B2B software
- Experience leading a team with a track record of setting clear priorities, meeting deadlines, and hiring and developing a high-performing and fulfilled team
- You’re comfortable developing a content strategy, forecasting and measuring its results, and communicating those results to your team and managers.
- You’re no stranger to SEO or technical content strategies, but you know what high-quality content looks like, have an editorial mindset, and create for humans first.
- You know how to measure the effectiveness of content and use data to drive decisions, and are curious and motivated to experiment with new variations and ideas.
- Experience with CMS and marketing systems as well as SEO, measurement, and testing tools (e.g. WordPress, Contentful, Hubspot, Salesforce, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMRush)
- Excellent project management and communication skills
Salary Details: The annual salary range for this position is $150,000-$180,000. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Position Location: This role will be located in Bellevue, WA, or, Missoula, MT following a hybrid work model. Employees are expected to be willing to work from one of our office locations twice a week or as needed by your team.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- 401(k) with employer match from day 1
- Equity stock options
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.