Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - Fintech
Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Submittable is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Fintech Team as part of a dynamic, growth-driven organization based in Missoula, Montana, or Bellevue, Washington. This position is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to take on a technical leadership role in a rapidly growing company.
Our Fintech Team is building services that our Submittable products use to interface with a variety of payment service providers, card issuers, and other financial institutions. These services underlie critical functions of the company and need to be secure, scalable, and robust, while also having well-designed, easy-to-use interfaces. As a senior engineer, you will come up to speed on the software that the team owns and work with the engineering manager, product manager, and team members to drive the software forward in terms of both quality and features.
The position is a full-time, individual contributor, code writing role reporting to an Engineering Manager.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Jump into our software and infrastructure, quickly coming up to speed.
- Implement new features on the platform.
- Refactor or “burn down” legacy features and components.
- Identify improvements to our existing platform. The improvements might include enhancements to our developer experience, our infrastructure architecture, and our core software, to support near-term growth and stability.
- Work closely with your peers, including a wonderful team of product managers and designers
- Write and review code
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- Modern web application design paradigms and at least one stack, top to bottom. Our backend stack is .NET provisioned in Kubernetes on Azure and our front-end stack is React
- Software Engineering and Agile Principles
- Modern cloud-native infrastructure and design principles, specifically in the context of Azure
- How to work well with other experienced software engineers and mentor less experienced software engineers
- How to write well, and a preference for writing things down
What Success Looks Like in This Role
- The translation of product and engineering requirements into well-crafted and implemented features/components
- Contributions to the core platform and improvements to existing and legacy components and infrastructure
Salary Details: The annual salary range for this position is $130,000-$205,000. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Position Location: This role will be located in Bellevue, WA, or, Missoula, MT following a hybrid work model. Employees are expected to be willing to work from one of our office locations twice a week or as needed by your team.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- 401(k) with employer match from day 1
- Equity stock options
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.