Technical Support Specialist
Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to support our rapidly growing team in Bellevue, WA, or Missoula, MT. This role will be responsible for working with customers to promptly and courteously resolve their software issues. Our ideal candidate is a dynamic individual with an unwavering dedication to ensuring an outstanding customer experience. Our mission is to empower our customers through clear and effective troubleshooting and to create raving fans by providing proactive and creative solutions. We are proud to enable our customers' maximum success and satisfaction with our product while ensuring a remarkable experience in every interaction.
This is a full-time position in Bellevue, WA, or Missoula, MT, and reports to the Technical Support Manager.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Maintain expertise and knowledge of the Submittable software platform, customer use cases, and internal processes
- Provide support and maintain customer satisfaction at all stages of the customer journey
- Respond to and track customer calls, chats, and emails regarding use of software, technical issues, and billing questions
- Provide users with guidance, solutions, best practices, and recommendations
- Proactively address customer concerns before they happen
- Maintain the accuracy of customer help resources as the product evolves
- Identify, test, and report software “bugs” to the Product team
- Communicate customer software enhancement requests to the Product team
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
- General knowledge of software development life cycle and tools
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Basic understanding of at least one programming language (preferred, not required)
- Experience using and a comprehensive understanding of one or more of the following Help Desk platforms such as Service Cloud, Zendesk, Help Scout, TeamSupport, and Zoho Desk, as well as one or more Live Chat Tools like Olark, Intercom, or Drift
- Preference given to candidates who are also proficient in common data tools like Excel, Tableau, Looker, or Google Sheets
Salary Details: The annual salary range for this position is $53,000-$63,000. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Position Location: This role will be located in Bellevue, WA, or, Missoula, MT following a hybrid work model. Employees are expected to be willing to work from one of our office locations twice a week or as needed by your team.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- 401(k) with employer match from day 1
- Equity stock options
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.