Government Enterprise Sales Development Representative
Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Submittable is seeking an Government Enterprise Sales Development Representative to join our team. We are looking for friendly, focused, and driven individuals who will have the incredible opportunity to build a career in a growing SaaS industry. In this role, you will use your sales and social detective skills to find prospective clients and introduce them to our top-rated, Social Impact Platform.
This is a full-time position and reports to the Sales Development Manager.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Nurture prospects and qualify leads
- Schedule calls and set appointments with prospective enterprise clients to meet our Enterprise Account Executives and Account Managers
- Generate business opportunities from cold lead lists by networking, prospecting, utilizing SalesForce, SalesLoft, cold calling, and personalized emails
- Prospect top grant makers, corporations, and state governments to identify the appropriate lead to start a conversation about Submittable
- Learn internal processes associated with lead follow up and strategies to nurture and create initial interest in Submittable
- Assist Enterprise AE’s with executing a communication plan that nurtures leads that have not yet entered pipeline and leads that have a longer sales process
- Ensure prompt and accurate answers to client questions
- Become a product expert by developing a solid understanding of Submittable SaaS platform and how its features and workflow functions apply to various submission and application workflows
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- 6+ months of sales development experience, including cold calling, emailing, and social selling
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort and success in multitasking, process management, and activity tracking
- Demonstrated ability to connect, convince, and convert multiple target personas across ideal customer accounts
- Internally motivated to outperform and proactively experimenting to find new and creative ways to win
- Consistent over-achievement in past positions
- Proven prospecting and sales cycle management skills
- Enthusiasm and a team player mindset
- Excitement and desire to join a startup environment in a hyper growth mode, resilience to change and ability to pivot to meet team and customer needs
Salary Details: The annual OTE (On Target Earnings) range for this position is $80,000 with a pay mix of 70/30 (base/commission). Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Position Location: This a remote position within the Central or Eastern timezone.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- 401(k) with employer match from day 1
- Equity stock options
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.