Enterprise Customer Success Manager
Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
We are looking for an Enterprise Customer Success Manager with a track record of success selling mission-critical solutions in the B2B SaaS software space.
Our Customer Success team is dedicated to best-in-class experience, client retention, and expansion of Submittable’s Grant Management, Social Impact, and Submission Management software solutions. Our clients include large private foundations, universities, State and Federal governments, and Fortune 500 companies. Our CSMs are key contributors to Submittable’s growth and expansion and help our clients improve the efficiency and impact of their program’s initiatives.
The ideal candidate is a relationship builder and pipeline nurturer who builds deep trust through leveraging their consultative and communication skills while balancing product and industry knowledge to further Submittable’s footprint to deliver outstanding solutions. To be successful, candidates should be motivated by making a difference, helping clients use technology to achieve better results, and possess the desire to be part of an innovative software company working in a rapidly expanding market with Social Impact at its core.
This is a full-time position in the Bellevue, WA, or Missoula, MT area and reports to the VP of Customer Success.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Foster a trusted advisor partnership with Submittable’s largest and most mission-critical clients, and align Submittable’s value to their key and overarching business goals
- Renew subscriptions for Submittable’s SaaS solutions, and offer frictionless expansion through upsells and increases in capacity where appropriate
- Be the primary point person for your clients, bringing in other Submittable resources including Account Management and Technical Support when needed
- Build strong, long-term business relationships by consistently going above and beyond client expectations
- Evaluate client program priorities and tailor a Success Plan that establishes clear goals and milestones that maximize their ROI and realize value
- Identify barriers to program growth and develop effective strategies based on client research and industry knowledge
- Schedule and conduct meaningful Business Reviews to ensure the Success Plan is progressing, and opportunities for additional gains are identified as they arise
- Identify opportunities for Account Managers to expand Submittable’s footprint by selling new features, services, and instances
- Problem-solve and find ways to improve our business, products, and approach
- Proactively manage renewal and retention through Submittable’s CRM, forecasting, and success planning tools
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- 7+ years experience in a customer-facing role selling and/or supporting SaaS solutions
- Prior experience in a customer success/account management role with a track record working with large enterprise customers
- Proven ability to navigate sophisticated enterprise organizations to accelerate product adoption, influence collaboration, and promote opportunities for growth
- Demonstrated executive-level interpersonal, project management, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience compiling and presenting meaningful, value-rich business reviews that highlight impactful customer milestones, trends, and opportunities
- Experience prioritizing multiple business units of the same customer
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding retention and renewal goals by leveraging account planning and forecasting methodologies
- The ability to learn and explain a technical product or concept to a non-technical audience
- Innate customer obsession and passion for customers’ success with the ability to balance the needs of the customer with those of the business
- Data-driven curiosity; persistently looks at data to uncover business insights and drive decision-making
- Comfort and preference for a high-growth environment that requires strong time management and prioritization skills
- Exceptional written, and verbal communication and presentation skills
Salary Details: The annual salary range for this position is $120,000-$150,000 OTE. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Position Location: This role will be located in Bellevue, WA, or, Missoula, MT following a hybrid work model. Employees are expected to be willing to work from one of our office locations twice a week or as needed by your team
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- 401(k) with employer match from day 1
- Equity stock options
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.