Sr. Full Stack Engineer | Palo Alto, CA
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Trust Lab's mission is to help make the internet a safer place for all of humanity.
Online misinformation, hate speech, child endangerment, and extreme violence are some of the world's most critical and complex problems. Trust Lab is a fast-growing, VC-backed startup (recently closing a Series A), founded by ex-Google executives determined to use software engineering, ML, and data science to tackle these challenges and make the internet healthier and safer for everyone.
If you’re interested in working with the world’s largest social media companies and online platforms and building technologies to mitigate these issues, you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for passionate engineers who want to solve difficult problems and use tech for good in the Trust & Safety industry.
About The Role
Regulatory Compliance is a key focus area for Trust Lab. The Digital Services Act (DSA) is a landmark EU regulation that will establish powerful transparency and clear accountability for online platforms. Online Platforms are rushing to find solutions that will make them DSA compliant in time. We're looking to hire a Sr. Full-Stack Engineer who can help build out our DSA compliance product.
As an engineer on our team, you’ll work directly with ex-senior leaders from Google, YouTube, TikTok, and Reddit, build and commercialize cutting-edge technologies, and have the opportunity to develop your skills across a varied tech stack. We are a tech-first company, and our engineers are the lifeblood of everything we do. You can expect rapid growth and mentorship opportunities, meaningful work, and a fun work environment.
- Design and implement responsive Web applications, API’s, services and data pipelines
- Implement best-of-breed security mechanisms for API’s / Web applications
- Build secure and reliable storage systems for handling customer and business data
- Resource and latency optimization to meet SLA requirements
- Take ownership of systems e2e to meet business requirements
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Policy, and Operations.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- A technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience developing software
- 4 + of professional software development experience (in the industry).
- Familiarity with Frontend frameworks, preferably React
- Experience implementing scalable backend servers/systems (we currently use Go and Python, but your experience may vary)
- Experience developing systems in cloud environments (we currently use AWS Lambda and Kubernetes, but your experience may vary)
- Knowledge of database technologies / practices - SQL, NoSQL, Event-driven / Asynchronous Processing, RBDMS, Data Warehousing etc.
- Familiarity with common DevOps patterns and tooling in cloud environments, though there will be other DevOps engineers working with you
- High-level project management skills, and facility with tools such as Jira
- Good communication skills
Extras (nice-to-have but not required!)
- Experience or passion for Trust and Safety
- Experience as a technical lead
Opportunities + Perks
- Co-locate with one of our teams in Palo Alto. Flexible work arrangements are an option.
- Work directly with ex-Google execs to develop and execute on cutting-edge tech
- Competitive total comp package (salary + equity) at a rapidly growing VC-backed startup
- Influence new product direction from idea to commercialization
- Help develop critical tech to solve one of the 21st century’s trickiest societal problems
- Generous technology + education stipends and healthcare coverage
We are an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and believes that people of varied backgrounds working together lead to the best outcomes across all levels of a company. This is your chance to help build world-class technology in a space that greatly matters to society, working with a team that is invested in your professional growth! Our team members come from all different parts of the world, perspectives, ages, and experiences.