Full Stack Engineer w/ Frontend Focus | England, Germany, Turkey
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
About Trust Lab
Online misinformation, hate speech, child endangerment, and extreme violence are some of the world's most critical and complex problems. Trust Lab is a fast-growing, VC-backed startup, founded by ex-Google, TikTok and Reddit executives determined to use software engineering, ML, and data science to tackle these challenges and make the internet healthier and safer for everyone.
If you’re interested in working with the world’s largest social media companies and online platforms, and building technologies to mitigate these issues, you’ve come to the right place. We are a small, global, mostly remote team and you can be based anywhere in Germany/UK or Turkey.
About the Role
Regulatory Compliance is a key focus area for Trust Lab. The Digital Services Act (DSA) is a landmark EU regulation that will establish powerful transparency and clear accountability for online platforms. Online Platforms are rushing to find solutions that will make them DSA compliant in time. We're looking to hire a Sr. Full-Stack Engineer who can help build out our DSA compliance product.
As an engineer on our team, you’ll work directly with ex-senior leaders from Google, YouTube, TikTok, and Reddit, build and commercialize cutting-edge technologies, and have the opportunity to develop your skills across a varied tech stack. We are a tech-first company, and our engineers are the lifeblood of everything we do. You can expect rapid growth and mentorship opportunities, meaningful work, and a fun work environment.
- Design, develop, and maintain modern, interactive user interfaces using React.
- Implement server-side code to handle business logic and interact with databases.
- Design and implement RESTful APIs for seamless communication between Frontend and Backend systems.
- Write clean, efficient, well-tested and organized code.
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to maintain code quality and consistency.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role.
- Strong proficiency in React and TypeScript for building modern, interactive web applications.
- Solid Python and frameworks (e.g., Django, Flask, Rest Framework) knowledge.
- Knowledge of RESTful API design and implementation.
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Kubernetes and cloud (AWS).
- Understanding of software security best practices.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
Opportunities and Perks
- Competitive total compensation package with stock options at a rapidly growing Series A, VC-backed startup.
- Remote-first, with the ability to work anywhere, with occasional meetups in London, Berlin, Ankara (depending on your country).
- Work from home office support to create the perfect at-home setup.
- Individual wellness stipend.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Influence new product direction from idea to commercialization.
- Help develop critical tech to solve one of the 21st century’s trickiest societal problems.
We are an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and believes that people of varied backgrounds working together lead to the best outcomes across all levels of a company. This is your chance to help build world-class technology in a space that greatly matters to society, working with a team that is invested in your professional growth! Our team members come from all different parts of the world, perspectives, ages, and experiences.