Policy Specialist - French Required | Contract | US Remote
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Online misinformation, hate speech, child endangerment, and extreme violence are some of the world's most critical and complex problems. TrustLab is a fast-growing, VC-backed startup, founded by ex-Google, TikTok and Reddit executives determined to use software engineering, ML, and data science to tackle these challenges and make the internet healthier and safer for everyone.
If you’re interested in working with the world’s largest social media companies and online platforms, and building technologies to mitigate these issues, you’ve come to the right place. We are a small, global, mostly remote team, and you must be based in the US and be a US citizen for this role.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced individual to join our team as a Policy Specialist, reporting into the Policy Specialist Team Lead.
In this role, you will be tasked with crafting policies and establishing operational procedures for TrustLab's content moderation efforts, focusing on a wide range of illicit online content types. Your responsibilities will extend to interpreting and responding to regulatory frameworks in the EU, UK, and the US, necessitating the ability to decipher complex legal documents. You will play a vital role in content review and assume accountability for ensuring the quality and consistency of third-party content moderators or agents through QA and calibration processes. You will proactively perform root cause analysis to identify and address potential issues. You will also be responsible for effectively communicating your findings, both in written and verbal formats, encompassing both qualitative and quantitative aspects.
- Conduct investigations while reviewing and analyzing abuse patterns within graphic, objectionable, or sensitive imagery
- Design, develop, and refine AI-generated text prompts, optimizing prompt performance and improving AI prompt generation
- Develop, implement, enforce, and uphold policies and workflows addressing reports of illegal content, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations
- Analyze the regulatory, legal, and policy landscape to understand the challenges facing technology platforms and proactively communicate trends or recommendations for how to improve our products
- Build cross-functional relationships with engineering, legal, and product and provide relevant insights and advice as appropriate
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and proactively troubleshoot potential bugs or issues before coordinating with cross-functional teams
- Act as subject matter expert on one or more policy areas and handle questions or training across TrustLab related to that area
- Conduct quality assurance (QA) assessments, provide relevant feedback, and highlight potential training opportunities or process improvements
- Partner with TrustLab’s engineering and vendor teams to develop and optimize trust and safety tooling and systems that combine machine intelligence and human moderation
- Must be bilingual and have full professional proficiency in French
- Possess a strong understanding of cultural nuances, with a specific emphasis on French cultural intricacies
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and deliver results in environments of rapid change/ambiguity
- Passion for the online safety space and 1+ years experience working in Trust and Safety operations, legal removals, or content moderation roles
- Expertise in illegal online harmBachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with Zendesk
Opportunities + Perks
- Competitive compensation at a rapidly growing Series A, VC-backed startup
- Remote-first, with the ability to work anywhere or co-locate with our Palo Alto team
- Influence new product direction from idea to commercialization
- Help develop critical tech to solve one of the 21st century’s trickiest societal problems
We are an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and believes that people of varied backgrounds working together lead to the best outcomes across all levels of a company. This is your chance to help build world-class technology in a space that greatly matters to society, working with a team that is invested in your professional growth! Our team members come from all different parts of the world, perspectives, ages, and experiences.