Lead Front End Designer and Developer
Location: Remote or Charlottesville VA
We are a small team of industrial software technology veterans solving difficult data science and machine learning challenges. Our clients are Fortune 1000 companies you have definitely heard of. We're VC backed, growing like crazy, and searching for a Leader to drive the development of the User Interface of our Application. We are looking for someone with exceptional visual design skills that can also turn their visions into reality both by coding themselves and providing direction to the rest of the Front End Development team.
The 30% efficiency rate gap between best-in-class and average factories represents a huge growth opportunity. TwinThread’s platform enables industrial OEMs, manufacturers, and service providers to drastically improve their efficiency by taking action on insights enabled by machine learning.
What does that mean? Consider a Fortune 500 company with 1,000 mechanically identical assembly lines – some performing really well, others not as much. Performance variations might be explained by any number of factors. Often, these factors can be adjusted, which leads to massive efficiency gains, but it’s difficult to pinpoint exactly what changes should be made and what those change effects will be.
Enter TwinThread. Our platform enables users through automated ML (rapidly combing through terabytes of data) to identify, analyze, and implement opportunities for improvement, all through a visual programming IDE and saving a typical customer millions of dollars annually.
Are you excited to help us improve our product and processes to support the growth that is coming at us fast? If you're a self-motivated individual and are looking for a fun, rapidly growing tech start-up, this is the job for you.
If you live and breathe UX/UI Design and Development and love a startup environment, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a Visual Designer with the skills needed to design amazing User Interfaces and Experiences that are intuitive to use. This person also needs the development skills to implement their designs and help lead other contributors to realize their designs. We understand that bridging these two roles is a big task, so we want to be clear - visual design is the critical skill with software development being a close second. The ideal candidate will be strong in both.
We think this is a unique opportunity for the correct person with a strong background in UI/UX Design, the technical skills, and the desire to lead and direct front-end software development. You will work day to day with the VP of Engineering, Director of Product Management, and development teams.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Creation of UI/UX designs based on product requirements delivered as workflow wireframes and/or user stories
- Creation and maintenance of the visual components and standards that define the core product’s visual “personality” or look and feel
- Provide leadership and direction for others on the Front-End Development team
- Setting the architecture and direction for product UI/UX
- Maintaining and establishing coding best practices
- 5 years of experience in UI/UX for SaaS products
- Significant experience with at least one of, or similar to, the following design tools: Figma, Invision or Sketch
- Significant experience with our front-end tech stack: TypeScript, React, Redux and Material UI
- A portfolio of of Visual/UI/UX Design projects completed in the last 5 years
- Proven team leadership
- Strong and proven background in both UI/UX Design and Front-End Development